A more in depth walk through of the SuperSkipper and SuperSkip RR, so you have a better understanding of how these boats are used together. Check it out.
Surfer’s ear can be an issue for anyone who is often in and around cold water. Not just surfers! I have been lucky enough not to have suffered from this debilitating condition but know many who have.
This video was produced by SurfEars, the brand behind the earplugs I am currently using when out on the water.Continue reading
Palm Equipment have updated the Gradient to version 3.0. This includes a brand new Vibram sole. This is a ground up design and not a small updated to the current Gradient river shoe.
The NRS Ninja was a huge hit when it was released with top level performance and fit. For 2024 NRS are introducing the new Ninja Pro PFD.
As a class V whitewater PFD the Ninja Pro gets all of the features that you need and would expect to see.
- Orbit Fit System enhances overall comfort, increases range of motion and eliminates the desire to over-tighten.
- Fully-featured rescue vest includes a strategically placed 1.5” quick-release rescue belt with an aluminum attachment ring.
- Continuous, interconnected webbing creates an internal harness for maximum security in live bait scenarios and when grabbing users by shoulder straps.
- Compartmentalized, zippered, drop-down, clamshell pocket stows and organizes essential on-person gear.
- Features five attachment points for knife, lights, or strobe and extensive 3M® reflective accents to increase visibility in low-light conditions.
- Hand warmer pocket features 4-way stretch double knit polyester lining that’s soft against the skin; pocket doubles as quick storage for webbing or gloves.
- Strap garages and a deliberately placed lash tab reduces snag points.
- The Orbit Fit System layers multiple pieces of lightweight closed-cell foam cut to precise specifications to create a unique, flexible, pre-curved shape that effortlessly conforms to your body.
- Graded Sizing takes into account the appropriate amount of flotation needed for individual body types resulting in a better-fitting, more comfortable life jacket for all.
- Sustainable construction combines a recycled ripstop nylon shell with a recycled nylon inner that protects the fully recycled Ethafoam shims.
- AirMesh lining on the lower back adds ventilation and helps manage moisture.
- Side entry, with adjustments on shoulders, side and waist to secure the life jacket and customize fit.
- Silicone-coated inner waistband helps hold the PFD in place when swimming.
|XS/M||30″ – 38″||90 – 150lbs|
|M/L||36″ – 46″||90+lbs|
|XL/XXL||44″ – 56″||90+lbs|
This PFD will be available in early 2024 and is expected to retail at around $229.95.
The new NRS Vector PFD picks up from where the Zen and Ninja PFDs left off. Both PFDs had a superb fit and if the Vector fits at least as well it will sure to be a winner.
The Vector uses the Orbit Fit System designed for overall comfort, allows for full range of motion, and eliminates the need for excessive tightening.
The NRS Vector PFD will be available in three sizes and three colours. Colours include black, red and the citrus yellow/green shown above. The Vector comes in three sizes as detailed below.
|XS/M||30″ – 38″||90 – 154lbs|
|M/L||36″ – 46″||90+lbs|
|XL/XXL||44″ – 56″||90+lbs|
The new Spade Kayaks Raindancer drysuit! Available in blue and red. Made from the best Japanese 4-layer material and the finest Japanese Yamamoto neoprene.
Designed and produced in Slovenia with the active support of Matze Brustmann. RRP €890.00
The Raindancer Drysuit will be available from mid to late October 2023. A women’s version is also already being planned.
Dane Jackson gives a complete bow-to-stern walk-thru of the new Jackson Kayak Flow. The Jackson Kayak Flow was designed with the goal of modernizing the River Running Creek Boat for all skill levels.
After the success of the Gnarvana the core design team implemented some of their most loved features into a shorter lighter package while preserving the true nature of a River Runner. The perfect combination of confidence where you need it, and sportiness when you want it.
Jackson have a new boat out, the Jackson Kayak Flow.
The Jackson Kayak Flow is a river running creek boat that is designed to take your paddling to the next level. The perfect combination of confidence where you need it, and sportiness when you want it. Whether you are just starting out or pushing the boundaries with Class V, this boat will take care of you with a shorter, lighter, sporty ride! Want a modern creek boat rocker profile without all the weight and volume? The Flow is just what the doctor ordered. It has a full-on creek boat hull with a slimmed-down deck and shorter length for a lighter, nimble, easy-to-turn, easy-to-boof, easy-to-carry experience with maximum maneuverability.Jackson Kayak
- Full planing hull
- Super high-rockered design–both bow and stern
- Lots of legroom for all-day comfort
- Forgiving sidewall and deck shape for a forgiving, confidence-inspiring ride
- Sleeker, shorter, lighter, and lower volume than a full-on creek boat
- Jackson Kayak’s Bees Knees Thigh Hook System (Patented) for increased contact and control in the thigh brace area.
- Jackson Kayak’s Uni-Shock Bulkhead System (Patented) – the highest shock absorbing system on the market.
- Jackson Kayak’s Sure-Lock Backband System (Patented) – the lightest, most user-friendly system that can be adjusted anywhere
- Jackson Kayak’s Warranty Program
Length 8ft 5″
Volume 77 Gal (US)
Paddler weight Range 120 – 200 lbs
This is one way of rigging up a carry system for your kayak. Especially useful for a long distance boat carry.
One of the biggest areas that is overlooked when getting a video/camera setup for trips out is the speed of your Micro SD card. The GoPro Hero 11 and GoPro Hero 11 Mini are the latest models from the POV giant.
If you get an error with the camera it will probably be down to the memory card that is being used.
The GoPro Hero11 and Mini have a memory card capacity of up to 512GB. Due to the increase in performance of the GoPro Hero11 I would suggest using cards that are 128GB or above.Continue reading
In following table I have listed the three main sizes of the kayaks and matched although some of the dimensions of a say a middle of the size range Mamba could also be easily compared against the smallest Code.Continue reading