This lichen green Kokatat Hustle R PFD arrived last week at Unsponsored HQ. It was purchased here in the UK from North East Kayak and Paddles. It also arrived with a free gift. I chose the Peak UK rescue tape.
The Hustle R is Kokatat’s latest whitewater rescue vest.
Underneath the flap is an accessory attachment plate designed for your river knife. This is one of the features of the Hustle R that really caught my eye.
Plenty of adjustment on the shoulders.
Reflective panels from SOLAS can be found on both padded shoulders.
A split D-ring is located on the right hand side of the PFD to clip in your Cowtail or Kokatat’s own river tow system.
Storage come in the form of a clam shell zipped pocket on the front of the PFD.
A d-ring for keys is provided in both the main compartment and the zipped front compartment.
The Hustle R is an over head design with plenty of adjustment at the shoulders and torso.
The PFD is highly shaped to contour with the body. I can’t recall wearing a PFD with as much shape to it.
I presume that these grey tabs in the image above are for the attachment of Kokatat’s Tributary hydration system or Tactic pack (a rear pocket). Other PFDs within Kokatat’s range have the same features.
Neoprene sections in grey on the inner side of both the front and rear of the PFD.
- 500D Cordura® outer shell
- Gaia® PVC-free foam
- Pullover design
- Large, clamshell front pocket with two way zipper and internal organization
- Adjustable shoulders and three side adjustments
- Covered front lash tab for a rescue knife attachment
- Quick release chest harness and O-ring, tether/tow system ready
- Sleeve for River Tow Tether
- D-ring for cow tail attachement
- Comes with Belly Pocket accessory
- US Coast Guard, and ISO (EU) approved
More images to follow.