The HF Weasel is HF’s smallest and most compact throw bag with a decent length of line. If space within your boat is at a premium then this bag may be the one for you. The Weasel fits even in the smallest kayak or can be fixed and carried on a waist belt (HF Swifty Belt).
If a throw bag is needed in a emergency you probably won’t have any time for a second go! Therefore the most important factors when using a throwbag is how well it throws, and how easy it is to get the bag to land on target. In both cases the HF Weasel fits the bill. I found the bag easy to throw both under and over arm. The rope pays out nicely during a throw and is also easy to repack if you do need (or have time) to have a second go.
The Weasel has been available for a number of years in both red and black. For 2020 we have a new colour option.
Annoyingly it is still being supplied with the plastic piping. I have modified all of my throw lines so they operate on clean rope principles.
• Extra small, light weight, highly functional and good-value-for money
• System straps (for use in conjunction with throwbag belt)
• High visibility webbing band
• Specifications and labelling area printed on base (with a nice place for your name!)
• Padded bottom loop
• D-Ring fixing point
• Cone shaped bag with extra wide opening, for accurate throws and easy repacking
• Maximum grip material
• Push button fastener
*Rope type: 7.5 mm core mantle
*Rope length: 18 m
*Rope breaking load/ Tensile strength: 840 daN
*Height: 32 cm