There is something very tempting about River Elf boats. I don’t know whether it’s the name, the designs or the fact the boats are composite. May be it is a combination of all of these.
Primarily designed for those above 200 lbs, the Storm Rider L-XL is also a good choice for smaller paddlers seeking the security of a wider, more stable hull.
The Storm Rider L-XL features a continuous rocker profile, smooth round chines that transition into a flattish hull, and a generous maximum width of 27″. Combine that with a 24.5 lb kevlar/carbon/epoxy construction and you get a predictable, forgiving design with super manoeuvrability, surface spins that rival the turning ability of a slalom boat, and a “zero-to-sixty” thats unlike any creeker you’ve ever paddled!
Key features of the L-XL version of the Storm Rider:
- primary construction: kevlar/epoxy with rib system reinforcement.
- deck: carbon reinforced to impart stiffness and structure.
- hull: carbon/kevlar hybrid reinforced to balance impact and stiffness.
- triple seamed for toughness.
- minicell pillars and carbon pillar guides.
- ACB carbon pillar sleeve and anchors pre-installed.
- carbon bow shock absorber.
- large cockpit for easy entry and exit.
- stainless steel security lock-down loop and accessory attachment point.
- four light but tough and beefy grab loops.
- suitable for both creeking and general river running.