The Nookie Storm Jacket is part of Nookie’s UK made dryer range. We’ve got one in for review at Unsponsored and will be giving it some use over the next few months. However, first impressions are good. This jacket looks and feels very well made. The EvoTX 4ply waterproof breathable fabric is fully taped and simply feels bomber.
The bright high-vis yellow zip-away hood is fully adjustable with a wired peak and features retro-reflective prints for visibility.
The hood also has a couple of laser punched holes for drainage. The last thing you want when you put your hood up is a face full of water. They are hidden/protected under the flap shown in the image below.
The inner collar and zip baffle are lined with a quick drying softcore fleece. Now you don’t always need a latex dry seal on the neck and I am glad to see that the Nookie Storm Jacket doesn’t have one.
The inner neck can be adjusted to offer a semi-dry neoprene seal or opened to allow ventilation.
Latex wrists with neoprene over cuffs give a dry seal to avoid drips down your sleeves while paddling. There are no adjustable outer cuffs which I much prefer.
The double tunnel waist is nice and deep to accommodate a sprayskirt for a layered seal, with an outer Velcro adjustment system.
Every bit of this jacket has been put together really well.
The large front pocket has water resistant zip closures and can be optimised as a hand-warmer on colder days. I can confirm that the pockets are easily accessible whilst wearing a PFD.
The small sleeve pocket is a useful easy access pocket for essential little items.
- Anatomical cut ideal for kayaking upper body rotations
- Seamless under-arm paddle zones for comfort and durability
- Adjustable zip-away storm hood with wire peak, bright yellow for visibility
- Softcore fleece lined outer collar with zip
- Inner neoprene collar with velcro adjuster
- Inner latex wrist seals with neoprene outer cuffs for protection and extra seal
- Double waist; adjustable outer waist tube with power-up velcro and deep inner tunnel.
- Spacious front pocket with twin zip entry
- Small easy access sleeve pocket with zip entry
- Waterproof and breathable fabric
- ExoTX 4ply fabric 160D Nylon – 20,000 W/P / 5,000 MVP – flexible and soft to the touch
- EvoTX 500D Nylon Reinforced 4ply fabric– 20,000 W/P / 3,000 MVP – on high wear areas; elbows and cuffs
- Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic coated with Durable Water Repellant
- Dive quality waterproof taping on all seams
- Retro-reflective detailing
- Made in U.K.